[Development] Bug status update

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Tue Aug 13 14:33:08 CEST 2013

Tirsdag 13. august 2013 13.40.24 skrev Samuel Gaist:
> On 13 août 2013, at 09:34, Blasche Alexander wrote:
> > Hi Samuel,

> >> Do you mean a "request triaging rights" issue ?
> >
> > Correct. in the absence of a proper admin I have taken it upon myself to
> > go through the QTJIRA tasks and solve whatever I can. Nobody should
> > expect JIra updates though ;)
> >
> > You have triager rights now.
> >
> > This leaves one question open to the greater audience, what's the process
> > to get triager rights approved? Similar to the one for approver rights or
> > can anybody ask and gets simply given. A consensus/input on this would be
> > appreciated; otherwise I have to make one up (as in this case with
> > Samuel).
> >
> > --
> > Alex
>
> Thank you very much !
>
> May I suggest the creation of a wiki page about the process ?
>
> The ones for starting to contribute and gerrit are already very helpful.
>
> Maybe something like a "howto triage"  would also be interesting, it might
> also interest people that would just like to know how that kind of thing
> works.

Yes, we talked about starting a page a few times here in Oslo but nobody so
far got around to actually doing it - everyone is busy testing 5.1.1 on Mac it
seems ;)

Examples that we can take inspiration from are
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
and
http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Bugsquad

So if someone would step up just creating a page and everyone adds a bit to it
we should be up and runnig in no time :)

Any takers?

--
Best regards,
Frederik Gladhorn