[Development] Bug management and jira workflow

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Tue Aug 13 16:02:26 CEST 2013

On Tuesday 13 August 2013 13:50:38 Blasche Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Frederick, what is the decision? If it is the first suggestion (from
> Jedrzej) in this mail thread then I have to disagree with you. Otherwise
> could you please summarize the content of the final decision here?

The decision is the same as in the original thread:

  - Merge the state Verified, Resolved, Closed into a single Closed state.

Rationale is that no one uses those 3 states and they they are only confusing
and making the workflow harder and search more difficult.
There is aloready the "Resolution" field which tells if the issue was fixed or
rejected. And there is no QA team that goes to all the Resolved report to
verify them. That's not how the Qt project work anymore.

 - Have a transition from Open to Closed.

Having to go to "Start Work" or "Wrongly Accepted" to be able to close an
issue is just awkward.

If you disagree, please explain why.

--
Olivier