[Development] Proposal: Allow contributors to +1 sanity review.

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 23:18:06 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, André Pönitz
<andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:51:17AM -0700, Alan Alpert wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Thiago Macieira
>> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>> > I don't see what's wrong with the current system. Let's keep it.
>> >
>> > The bot usually doesn't make a mistake.
>>
>> I run into it fairly often.
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,reviewer:aalpert%2540blackberry.com+status:merged,n,z
>> shows five times this month that it needed to be overridden in my
>> reviews.
>
> I am sure we are not on the same page here. The first patch on the
> list there shows that you approved new(!) code containing things like
>
>    QQuickWindow* window = ...
>
> and
>
>    for (int i = 99; i < 102; ++i)
>    {
>
> whereas the Qt Coding Style (http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Coding_Style)
> clearly states
>
>    For pointers or references, always use a single space between the type
>    and ‘*’ or ‘&’, but no space between the ‘*’ or ‘&’ and the variable name
>
> and
>
>    Use attached braces: The opening brace goes on the same line as the
>    start of the statement.

Maybe you can take Oswald up on his offer and add that to the sanity
bot checks then.

To be clear, this discussion is not about altering the functionality
of the sanity bot. The current discussion is about the Gerrit
interface to the sanity review field. If there were any use for that
field other than the bot, then we wouldn't end up having the two
conversations so closely tied together.

--
Alan Alpert