[Development] QTBUG-30440: restricting the SIMD files

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Aug 19 09:56:43 CEST 2013

Well, it's just copying /editing the mkspec ... Arguably not the most obvious way to do it, but maybe we should just document it a bit better, then :)

> We recommend people set the environment if they want different flags,
> besides the stock from their compilers.

Where do we recommend this? E.g.

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/install-x11.html

just says to run configure ... Actually it doesn't look like CFLAGS, LFLAGS is mentioned anywhere in the Qt documentation.

> If we recommend that, why not use
> that ourselves?

Well, I just think most people compiling on their own will miss this optimization then. If we think it's a useful optimization that helps >95% of our customers, it should IMO be the default . If not, I'm not sure we should apply it to our binary installers either.

Regards

Kai