[Development] Windows: Building QtCore without ICU while still using it for QtWebKit?

Josh Faust jfaust at suitabletech.com
Tue Aug 20 06:25:13 CEST 2013

Is there any way to avoid the ICU dependency in QtCore while still building
QtWebKit with it?

My use-case is thus:
 * Externally shipping application that does not use QtWebKit, and does not
use ICU
 * Internal tools that do use QtWebKit

We'd love to avoid the ICU dependency in the external application, and it
would be great to not have to build two different versions of Qt. I know a
lot of ICU-related changes are happening now (for 5.2?). I haven't followed
that discussion too closely, is this one of the options being discussed?

Thanks

Josh