[Development] MouseArea: updating hover state when the area moves

Nils Jeisecke njeisecke at saltation.de
Tue Aug 20 08:44:44 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Josh Faust <jfaust at suitabletech.com> wrote:
>I'm curious what the reasoning behind this is. Is it just a performance optimization?
I think so. Currently scene items don't get a notification if their
absolute positioning changes while the relative position to the parent
does not.
See http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/10013/ for an older discussion.

> I ask as it makes a number of things not work properly when:
>  * The window resizes (e.g. via keyboard)
>  * A MouseArea (such as a button) moves out from under the mouse
* MouseOver highlights don't disappear. This is very annoying in
ListViews when using the mouse wheel.

Nils