[Development] QTBUG-30440: restricting the SIMD files

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Tue Aug 20 09:23:28 CEST 2013

On 20.08.13 09:15, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On terça-feira, 20 de agosto de 2013 06:24:01, Knoll Lars wrote:
>> A slightly hacky solution might be to force inlining of inline methods
>>in
>> these files. With gcc, we could achieve that by defining inline to
>> __attribute__((always_inline)) on the top of the file that's being
>> compiled.
>
>That doesn't help with functions declared in a class body and that lack
>an
>"inline" keyword. This is going to be a fragile hack if we do it.

Yes, we'd need to make sure they have the keyword. It's not like I like
that solution, but it would probably solve the problem at hand.

Here's another idea (no idea if we could make it work though): If the
methods don't expose any of the Qt types as API, we could try putting all
the #include's that we use in the implementation into an anonymous
namespace.

Cheers,
Lars