[Development] AplicationWindow, QQuickWindow, contentRotation and setting width and height of contentItem

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 00:12:08 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:42 AM, Bubke Marco <Marco.Bubke at digia.com> wrote:
> What about making ApplicationWindow a Item? We could skip the contentItem
> and there would be designer support.

ApplicationWindow can't be an Item because it encapsulates a Window
(see the discussion in
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2013-June/011587.html
). You can't skip the contentItem (without using a custom QQuickWindow
subclass) because in order to have the application displayed, it needs
to have a QQuickWindow and add items to the scene by parenting them to
the contentItem.

The other problem is that both Window and ApplicationWindow are
released, we can't change their API this radically until the next
major version of QtQuick (which is currently unscheduled). I believe a
Window/Item reunification is already on the QtQuick 3 suggestions
list.

--
Alan Alpert