[Development] qt5 QML multiple VideoOutput with same source

Michal Lazo michal.lazo at mdragon.org
Wed Aug 21 22:26:19 CEST 2013

I don't know if this is expected behavior but we can't have multiple
VideoOutput connected to same one source (MediaPlayer)

Is it possible to duplicate somehow qml item on different position but I
want to screengraph to use same one texture for both qml items? I don't
want to use shader(performance loss)

How can I get scenegraph statistics (number opengl drawcalls, qml
scenegraph textures, triangles count,..)?

I know that I can use arm DS-5 for mali gpu, some other tools from
Microsoft for directx(qt5 angle)

import QtQuick 2.0
import QtMultimedia 5.0

Rectangle {
width: 800
height: 600
color: "black"

MediaPlayer
{ id: player source: "file://video.webm" autoPlay: true }

VideoOutput
{ x: 0 width: 320 height: 480 id: videoOutput0 source: player }

VideoOutput
{ x: 320 width: 320 height: 480 id: videoOutput1 source: player }

}

Best Regards

Michal Lazo