[Development] Pending Jira changes

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Fri Aug 23 10:36:07 CEST 2013

Hi,

I looked into the desired workflow changes for Jira (as discussed on this list) and am doing some general cleanups which I would like to bring up at this point. The more invasive bulk changes will happen on Monday while others have already happened. Please note that this may temporarily reduce the responsiveness of the system.

1.) I merged the Resolved, Closed and Verified states into a single state and added a shortcut from Open to Closed. I also took the liberty of renaming some of the transitions based on perceived usability and partly due to system requirements. The new workflow is as follows:

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/plugins/servlet/workflow/thumbnail/getThumbnail?workflowName=Qt%20Bug%20Tracking%20v2.0&stepId=8&width=full&height=full

Every Suggestion, Bug and Task issue will get this update. Any issue that is currently Resolved, Verified or Closed will be transitioned to the "Closed" state.

If you have any concerns about the modified workflow please raise them now.

2.) The QTJIRA project had a very inappropriate workflow and permission set. It was updated to carry the new Qt Bug workflow already. From now on it has the same setup as every other project. The only difference is that the project will not carry the OG Approvers group. Practically this means that you can expect the project permissions to behave such as if you don't have approver rights (if you have them). The project is again actively managed by jira admins now. Please use it if required.

3.) We had a lot of dead projects in Jira. While no project was deleted they have been put into "storage". Some projects will no longer be visible and others will be read-only. The assumption is that we may still want to refer to the read-only projects later on whereas the invisible ones are truly dead. This affects the following projects:

Read-Only:
- Qt on Raspberry Pi
- Qt Quick Components
- Qt Solutions
- Qt Webkit
- Qt Mobility

Invisible
- Nokia Qt SDK
- Qt Jambi
- Qt Modularization

Please raise your voice if you think one of those categories is inappropriate for those projects.

Planned changes:
As I have time during the next couple weeks I will further cleanup some of the undesirable artifacts in the system. This includes the removal of workflow/issue differences between for example the QtCreator and Qt project (the Qt project being the desired target) , remove and consolidate issue types and cleanup of old Nokia groups and roles.

Also, I would like to know whether anybody still uses Greenhopper. Without further comments I'll assume that Greenhopper is no longer required and we may remove it in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and feedback.
--
Alex