[Development] Tracing Qt

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Aug 26 08:41:34 CEST 2013

I don't agree. Let's not aim for an uber-tracing system that can (hypothetically) be used all over the stack. It's ambitious enough to have something that works for Qt + applications using Qt :) With an external framework you'd add yet another dependency to Qt, + nice integration with qDebug, QString etc is probably much more difficult.

Actually I agree with Alex: A lot of the ideas proposed are pretty much in line with the qlogger framework that was already heavily discussed a year ago. I planned to update + upload it for review for Qt 5.1, but other things got in the way ...

Regards

Kai