[Development] New features and modules in 5.2

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Mon Aug 26 16:16:34 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

this is just a friendly reminder on quality criteria we should pass for
new modules and new features that you'd like to have in the dev branch
(and thus 5.2).

Please make sure that all new functionality

- Compiles on all reference platforms
	(If a module/feature is only for one platform, make sure qmake/make does
nothing on
	the other platforms)
- Have tests
	Automated tests should cover as much as possible of the new
functionality. If certain areas
	are not covered by automated tests, I'd like to hear how testing will be
done for those
- Have documentation
	No undocumented public API. Basic docs have to be there, only polishing
should still be
	required after the freeze
- Have examples
	Have some examples showing how to use the API. Examples need to be linked
to from
	documentation.

In addition, new modules need to

- Follow the branching scheme
	dev/stable/release should be there. A new module can be ok to only have
dev, with
	stable being created at branching time.
- Have a CI system
	New modules that are going to be part of Qt releases need to have a CI
system set up

Cheers,
Lars