[Development] QStandardPath search paths

Juergen Bocklage-Ryannel lists at ryannel.org
Tue Aug 27 08:47:18 CEST 2013

or the alternative of deprecating search paths. Anyone have an opinion here?

> My opinion is to deprecate search paths. That's what QStandardPaths::locate is
> for.

If this is about QDir::addSearchPath read on:

We use it for embedded projects to easily change asset paths between
developer and target environment. I found it always useful to abstract
away my own asset locations. Maybe we could also use QStandardPaths but
only if we could add own path locations (which then would not be
standard anymore).

/ jryannel