[Development] Qt5.2.0/QtCreator3 + GDB 7.6.1-1 problem

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Dec 1 23:23:39 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 10:42:06PM +0200, Petko Ditchev wrote:
> Yes , the application works , but the debugger doesn't . There is some
> miscommunication between QtCreator and GDB , because , as I said
> segfaults get interpreted as a crash on startup , and there's no option
> to pause the app and ... debug .

Can you expand on the "segfaults get interpreted as a crash on startup"?

Which part of the is segfaulting? The application? And then some kind
of communication (app->gdb->creator) happens and Creator mis-interprets
this?

Or is it gdb reporting something like "During startup program terminated
with signal X" or "During startup program exited normally." or similar?

Andre'