[Development] Can the "hidden" QML properties please be documented?

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 12:14:04 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Smith Martin <Martin.Smith at digia.com> wrote:
> For a QML type in a .qml file, qdoc reports an error if it sees a QML property it thinks should be in the public API for that QML type and there is no \qmlproperty comment immediately preceding that property in the .qml file.
>
> But for a QML type that is represented by a C++ class, qdoc doesn't know which C++ properties are meant to be be documented as QML properties, so it can't report an error if a C++ property is not documented as a QML property.
>
> Maybe we should change this policy and tell qdoc to require a \qmlproperty for every C++ property that has a \property ?

That sounds like a good thing to do if that prevents properties being
hidden. Remember, these 2 i mentioned are just the ones i discoverd in
recent months, i had more of those early on on Qt 5.0 and 5.1. Right
now it seems like the properties from the C++ QML components are too
easy to get wrong resulting in the property being undocumented. Even
while it might be properly documented, but just in the wrong order
(like renderType was).