[Development] Deprecating & removing the old atomics

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 3 03:02:22 CET 2013

On quarta-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2012 15:00:41, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I'd like to propose the following:
>  - Qt 5.1 deprecates the old atomic code and their platforms
>  - Qt 5.2 *removes* the code that doesn't get updated

Looks like we forgot to announce the deprecation in Qt 5.1. I've just pushed
the deprecation notice for Qt 5.2.0's changelog:

	https://codereview.qt-project.org/73053

And the actual removal to dev:

	https://codereview.qt-project.org/73054

There have been no replies to this thread in the last 348 days, so I consider
the decision done: those headers will be removed. If anyone wants to have
those platforms still working, please write the new atomics.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358