[Development] OpenGL drivers

Thomas Hartmann Thomas.Hartmann at digia.com
Tue Dec 3 10:28:49 CET 2013

Hi,

the design was done by a professional designer.

I am not a professional designer and so far I trusted external
expertise. I did some sanity checks of course and other software
products use even smaller fonts.
Using pixel size is problematic, but using point sizes is not perfect
either.
Speaking from experience, any discussion about design, ends in heavy
bike shedding.
This is why I prefer objective criticism instead of opinions.
There will be no design/welcome page everybody likes. What we can
provide is a welcome page that works for everybody and does not get into
the way.

If on your retina display the font is to small (to small to read,
smaller then the text of e.g. tool tips etc.), I consider this a bug.
Please create a bug report.

If the kerning is broken this is most likely a bug in the font rendering.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hartmann