[Development] What's the magic incantation for developing effectively from the Qt git repo?

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 02:45:31 CET 2013

Thanks Olivier. I was able to get things to build against the 'stable'
branch of each submodule (where there is one). This had to be done manually
as the qt5_tool perl script does not appear to work properly on Windows.

In the broader sense, if the Gerrit only merges to 'stable' once the build
succeeds and (presumably) tests pass, what's the reasoning behind not
having qt5.git default the submodules to the 'stable' branch?