[Development] What's the magic incantation for developing effectively from the Qt git repo?

Chris Colbert sccolbert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 04:20:12 CET 2013

I didn't know that about git submodules. TIL.

But yes, it seems it would make sense to update the submodule hashes to the
latest stable whenever Gerrit merges something to that branch.

Of course, I may be way off base as to what purpose qt5.git is actually
meant to serve, but from these pages:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Code_Reviews
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Get_The_Source

it seems to be the recommended approach for contributing fixes and
features. If that's the case, then (imho) it would make most sense to have
it track the same thing the build bot is building against.