[Development] [Request] Compiler warnings in Qt

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Fri Dec 6 13:41:34 CET 2013

On Friday 06 December 2013 11:16:20 Kurt Pattyn wrote:
> When compiling applications with compiler flags on, a lot of warnings are
> generated for the Qt header files. It needs a lot of work to exclude them
> in our builds, and some of them can just not be excluded because they are
> located in macros or inline methods. The same holds for the moc generated
> code.
>
> I propose to change the build system of Qt to enable as much compiler flags
> as possible and fail the build when there are any warnings. Although most
> of them are more or less harmless, some could be potential errors (e.g.
> compiling with -Weffc++, generates a warning that the destructor of
> QSharedData is not virtual).
>
> The public API could be a good starting point.

Hi,

We aim at having clean public headers.

There used to be a 'compilerwarnings' autotest that made sure there was no
warning in the headers (in a more strict ways that the warnings we check while
compiling Qt itself).  But i think it's gone.

Anyway, feel free to report bug about warnings in public header. Or better, fix
them and submit patches to gerrit.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org