[Development] Qt Quick Controls Calendar

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at digia.com
Fri Dec 6 14:02:26 CET 2013

Hello.

At the beginning of this year I started work on a Calendar for Qt Quick
Controls as a sort of side project. After removing the "WIP" from the
commit message, I got some feedback from developers who either a) had
also wrote a Calendar for KDE stuff or b) suggested I ask for feedback
from plasma-devel. Rather than add to the already massive list of patch
sets for that change, I thought it would be better to truly open up the
Calendar for contributions before it goes in by creating a WIP branch
for it in the Qt Quick Controls repo [1]:

wip/calendar

It'll be a throwaway branch, so every commit must be atomic and follow
all of the normal Qt commit policies [2][3]. At the end, we'll resubmit
every individual change to qtquickcontrols' dev branch.

Please feel free to submit patches or provide feedback on what's already
there. For example, it has already been suggested that there should be a
C++ backend for the models, dates, etc.

Cheers.

[1]
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtquickcontrols/source/4c3196c979d9a7f46b3f37b14140026dd74bf79a