[Development] QtQuick - Automatically Repainting Canvas

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at digia.com
Wed Dec 11 11:21:21 CET 2013

On 12/09/2013 05:42 PM, Matthias Kleine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there an established pattern for repainting a canvas once a property
> that is accessed during painting changes? If not, I suggest to add a
> RepaintingCanvas. See the attachment for a naive implementation. Is
> there a chance for something like this to be included in Qt?

I usually just set up a Connections object. It can get a bit messy, but
at the same time you know exactly when it repaints, which is good when
you want to repaint as rarely as possible.

Does the attached implementation *constantly* request repaints? I know
you said that it's naive, I'm just trying to understand it.