[Development] Qt on iOS 64bit & armv7s & c++11

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at digia.com
Mon Dec 16 17:55:11 CET 2013

On 12/16/13 17:29 , André Bergner wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have three little questions concerning the iOS version of Qt:
>
> • Is it already possible to build against the armv7s architecture?

Yes, but Qt's build system does not currently handle multi-arch builds,
so you'd have to do armv7s only (or multi-arch but with precompiled
headers disabled). Modify QMAKE_IOS_DEVICE_ARCHS in the mkspecs's
qmake.conf.

> • Is it already possible to build 64bit for iOS?

No. Same problem as above as far as multi arch goes (armv7 + armv7s +
arm64), and also arm64 doesn't build and is 100% untested.

> • Is it possible to build Qt for iOS and link it against libc++ (c++11)

In theory yes, but there might be a few issues that you'd have to
resolve on your way. The plan is to build with C++11, we just haven't
gotten there. You may try it out by removing the hard-coded
CFG_CXX11="no" in the configure script for XPLATFORM_IOS.

tor arne