[Development] Qt Welcomed to the Tizen.org Infrastructure

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 17 08:52:43 CET 2013

On terça-feira, 17 de dezembro de 2013 07:31:44, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Now that Qt source code is hosted also with tizen.org, how is the plan to
> keep the Qt parts aligned upstream with Qt Project?
>
> I do not know all details of tizen.org, but I think the only way to get
> the modifications done there upstream to Qt Project is for the original
> authors to contribute these? Or is there some agreement in tizen.org that
> would allow another person to do it? What is the criteria to decide where
> a change belongs to?
>
> It is typically very valuable to be well aligned towards upstream,
> hopefully this is the plan for Qt in tizen.org in the future as well?

Tomasz asked the question on how to proceed on the Tizen dev mailing list.

Basically, the idea is that the porting work should happen on qt-project.org,
to be close to upstream (us). Every now and then, he'll pull from qt-
project.org into tizen.org. Eventually, once things are stabilised, that
should happen only after Qt releases.

Bug fixes might be developed on tizen.org, but they should be upstreamed to qt-
project.org at the earliest opportunity, in the proper form (not as a hotfix).

That's more or less how Blackberry and Jolla are doing right now.