[Development] Werror check for headers causing FTBFS in sparc (cast-align)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 01:33:55 CET 2013

Hi! I've hitted a FTBFS in sparc while building qtsvg-opensource-src (by
enabling the tests):

  /usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qhash.h:283:45: error: cast from 'QHashData::Node*'
  to 'QHash<QString, QVariant>::Node* {aka QHashNode<QString, QVariant>*}'
  increases required alignment of target type [-Werror=cast-align]

The full build log can be read here:

<https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=qtsvg-opensource-src&arch=sparc&ver=5.2.0-1&stamp=1387521942>

If I understand correctly Werror gets defined in
qtbase/mkspecs/features/qt_headersclean.prf to check that public API abides
certain rules.

Fixing this would be simple for me (distro-wide), just removing
qtsvg/tests/auto/headersclean/* before building the package, but I would like
to know if this kind of error is between the ones you want to catch in the
public headers. If not, maybe adding -Wno-error=cast-align to
qt_headersclean.prf could be a good idea.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/