[Development] Werror check for headers causing FTBFS in sparc (cast-align)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 18:43:02 CET 2013

On Wednesday 25 December 2013 14:28:56 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 December 2013 11:38:17 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On quarta-feira, 25 de dezembro de 2013 02:13:26, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > > We don't turn on -Wcast-align for ARM and apparently we shouldn't for
> > > Sparc
> > > either. Just edit the .prf file and make sure we apply the same logic.
> >
> > And submit the patch afterwards :-)
>
> Of course! :)
>
> I have just found that CFG_ARCH is being detected as unknown instead of
> sparc, and it also happens in other archs too. I'll try to dig in this new
> hole first and then I'll come back to this.

Which comes from eebc124f, I guess not enabled by default because no one had
acces to check stuff on those archs when Qt5 started. I'll take the time to
test stuff as we currently have many archs working in Debian, and I have
access to porter boxes if necessary.

--

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/