[Development] Proposal for allowing handling of HTTP redirects in QNAM

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:09:03 CET 2013

> There is no downloadProgress for any intermediate requests. We know that we're
> redirecting before we get the first byte of data out of the server. At that
> point, we can abandon the QHttpNetworkReply and move on to the next already.

The downloadProgress signal gives info about the received & total
bytes for a n/w request. The total bytes, I think, also include the
bytes used up by the HTTP headers.

So this might change from 1 redirect to another based on what headers
the server returns. So my total bytes for the first request might X,
while for the next request it might be something different. So even if
we don't consider the intermediate requests, what should these 2
parameters indicate? only data about the 1st request?

I don't see a clean way of having a single downloadProgress signal
encompassing all the intermediate requests.

-mandeep