[Development] Proposal for allowing handling of HTTP redirects in QNAM

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Sat Dec 28 09:57:06 CET 2013

On Friday 27 December 2013, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> Got it. If there's some content in the 'body' part of the response and
> it points to the same server which sent a redirect, then we could
> reuse the existing connection.
>
> Though it might be a rare case where the redirects will have a 'body'
> associated with it. I've mostly seen redirects used by URL shortening
> services and CDNs where there's no body in the redirect resp. CMIIW.

Maybe rare for URL shorteners. Internal redirects inside a web site or group
of sites are a different matter: call me an old-grumpy-Mosaic-user if you
like, but I usually add a body of the "if you are not redirected
automatically click here" -type when I program redirects, I usually even
include a meta tag - you never know how stupid the configuration on the
server is where your script runs.

	Konrad