[Development] Building qtwebkit with -gstabs instead of -g on certain archs

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 18:51:41 CET 2013

The archs arm, i386, i686, mips and s390 can get their memory exhausted when
building QtWebkit, so at least on Debian we are replacing -g with -gstabs for
those archs. As I understand this comes from a suggestion by Ossi.

I would like to know if you would like to have this replacement done in Qt
itself (ie, if you would accept a patch to do this) or if you prefer us
downstreamers doing it.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
If for every rule there is an exception, then we have established that there
is an exception to every rule.  If we accept "For every rule there is an

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/