[Development] Howto know the Qt version in Qt source code

Jason McDonald macadder1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 11:23:20 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM, Li Anthony <Anthony.Li at digia.com> wrote:

>  One more question. I found my tree is still in 5.1.1. I have do git pull
> in qt5 directory. How should I do to update source code to 5.2.0?

If you specifically want the released 5.2.0 code, the following should work:

    cd /path/to/qt5
    git pull
    git checkout -b 5.2.0 v5.2.0
    git submodule update

"v5.2.0" is a git tag representing the corresponding release.  Git tags are
effectively read-only branches.

If you just want the latest (unreleased and possibly untested) development
code, the "develop" or "stable" branches may be of more interest to you.
You can find detailed explanations of the usage of these branches on the
qt-project.org website.

Regards,
--
Jason