[Development] Cleanup open requests in Gerrit?

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 19:24:34 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Kurt Pattyn <pattyn.kurt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the oldest open item in Gerrit dates back to 7 October 2011. There are around 2000 items still open. I suppose a lot of them are not relevant anymore.
>
> Wouldn’t it a good idea that the maintainers of the different modules in Qt go through them and either discard them or merge them?

Maintainers don't have the requisite permissions on gerrit (to
abandon/defer relevant changes on a case-by-case basis) and gerrit
admins don't have the requisite authority (at least, they did not get
concerted approval last time they asked to do a blanket "abandon" on
all old stuff).

For almost all that old stuff it should go into either "deferred" or
"abandoned" states. I don't think there are many that old which would
still merge. I just mentally treat anything that hasn't been touched
in a year as "deferred".

--
Alan Alpert