[Development] git submodules

Jiergir Ogoerg f35f22fan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 21:00:00 CET 2013

Thanks,
I managed to commit my changes to local qtbase, but when trying to
push from the folder qtbase to gerrit it complains about
"Change-Id"...
Here's the log:

// START
qtbase$ git branch
* (detached from 260fe98)
  stable
qtbase$ git branch
* (detached from 260fe98)
  stable
qtbase$ git checkout stable
Warning: you are leaving 2 commits behind, not connected to
any of your branches:

  300ea73 Fast locale cache
  c029767 Quick cache

If you want to keep them by creating a new branch, this may be a good time
to do so with:

 git branch new_branch_name 300ea73

Switched to branch 'stable'
qtbase$ git branch working 300ea73
qtbase$ git branch
* stable
  working
qtbase$ git commit working
error: pathspec 'working' did not match any file(s) known to git.
qtbase$ git merge working
Merge made by the 'recursive' strategy.
 .../compose/generator/qtablegenerator.cpp          | 350 +++++++++++++++++----
 .../compose/generator/qtablegenerator.h            |   5 +-
qtbase$ git push
ssh://f35f22fan@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase
HEAD:refs/for/stable
Enter passphrase for key '/home/fox/.ssh/id_rsa':
Counting objects: 32, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (21/21), done.
Writing objects: 100% (21/21), 5.34 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 21 (delta 14), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas:   0% (0/14)
remote: ERROR: missing Change-Id in commit message
remote: Suggestion for commit message:
remote: Quick cache
remote:
remote: Change-Id: Ic029767da3653a93ccfeccf4459e6f081c8a4cf7
To ssh://f35f22fan@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/stable (missing Change-Id in
commit message)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://f35f22fan@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase'
// END

It's like I'm on the finish line.. please help.
In case it matters, patch attached, created with:
git diff 56d141a >> /home/fox/patch.bin