[Development] abandoning stale changes on gerrit

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Feb 2 00:40:59 CET 2013

On sexta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2013 10.59.47, Alan Alpert wrote:
> I actually disagree that any abandoned commits are "trash" (or
> possibly I just don't see the distinction between trash and not
> interested in anymore).

+1 to Alan's definition.

I have several commits that implement something that I have no intention of
ever making part of the Qt release, or at least not in the foreseeable future.
They aren't trash, they are highly useful commits. If circumstances change,
they could come back.

For example, the entire rewrite of the QArrayData and QVector will be very
useful in Qt 6.

Those commits aren't trash. They are just not being looked after right now.
That's the definition of "abandoned".