[Development] Reviews needed before android integration in two weeks

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 11:58:47 CET 2013

Hi,

> On Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:33:29 AM Paul Olav Tvete wrote:
> [...]
>>  mkspecs/android-g++/qmake.conf
>
> One suggestion regarding the name of the mkspec:
>
> It's not unusual to have linux* masks in .pro files (at least not in WebKit
> ;-)
>
> Would it perhaps make sense to rename the mkspec to linux-android-g++ to
> emphasize the fact that at the heart it is still a Linux system we're
> building
> for?

Linux is only the kernel, which can be changed if Google finds a better alternative,
and is not required to build an Android application.
The rest of the O.S. is Android. IMHO android-g++ is the right name
(just like blackberry-*-gcc), Because to build an application we need libs that
are Android "specific" (they have their own libc implementation, etc), not the linux kernel.

Cheers,
BogDan.