[Development] Reviews needed before android integration in two weeks

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 13:20:52 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM, BogDan <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Linux is only the kernel,

Sure, but that is what "linux" refers to, too.

> which can be changed if Google finds a better alternative,
> and is not required to build an Android application.

I agree with Simon's longer explanation. I think if that ever happens, this
will have to be a day to differentiate between linux and the other kernel
if any, like with the prefix proposed.

The rest of the O.S. is Android. IMHO android-g++ is the right name
> (just like blackberry-*-gcc),

Let us stick to consistency first for linux, but I disagree about the
establish qnx, too.

To me the "confusion" about that you can build on different host than Linux
is void because you can do that for maemo, too. The mkspecs is not for
specifying the host, but the one you build for (i.e. embedded for instance).

Laszlo