[Development] Reviews needed before android integration in two weeks

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 19:07:37 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Jake Thomas Petroules <
jake.petroules at petroules.com> wrote:

> Surely you meant darwin-g++-macx. :)
>
> I don't think the Android mkspec warrants having Linux in it simply
> because it's such a radically different system in many ways. Custom C++
> library, different executable format, custom packaging tools, custom UI
> stack, the fact that native apps can't even be run standalone without Java
> glue (at least before 2.3)...

Linux would refer to the kernel just like in case of Maemo. It simply
cannot refer to the UI stack, packaging tools, executable format, and what
not as there is a good deal of permutation for those.

In addition to the confusion about "linux-android-g++" working only on
Linux host: one could say "android-g++" means Android works with any kernel
type. :-)

Laszlo