[Development] Reviews needed before android integration in two weeks

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 09:40:45 CET 2013

[...]

>>  M       src/corelib/codecs/qtextcodec.cpp
>>  M       src/corelib/codecs/qtextcodec_p.h
>
> This has been discussed before. Please leave the macro called
> Q_OS_LINUX_ANDROID.

When, where, who ?

I changed that macro because Google[1] and GCC[2] consider that the name of
the O.S. is  ANDROID not LINUX-ANDROID and they define a preprocessor macro
as  __ANDROID__ (not __LINUX_ANDROID__)! Because Q_OS_ is referring to the OS
not to the kernel I found it naturally to call it simple Q_OS_ANDROID not
Q_OS_LINUX_ANDROID (just like you folks did with Q_OS_MAC, Q_OS_CYGWIN, etc).

Anyway this is my last reaction on this matter, because I'm finding it a little bit childish
and never ending, is like a discussion between Linus and Richard on Linux vs
GNU/Linux matter. If not  even GCC and Google don't convince that *ANDROID* is
the right name (and not LINUX_ANDROID), then for me will be impossible to do it :)

[...]

[1] https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/ndk/+/master/8/platforms/android-14/arch-arm/usr/include/EGL/eglplatform.h
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.2/gcc/GNU_002fLinux-Options.html#GNU_002fLinux-Options

Cheers,