[Development] Reviews needed before android integration in two weeks

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 19:23:25 CET 2013

[...]
>>  >> M       src/corelib/kernel/qeventdispatcher_unix.cpp
>>  >> M       src/corelib/kernel/qeventdispatcher_unix_p.h
>>  >
>>  > This one needs a very good explanation.
>>
>>  Would you mind discussing this with Bogdan on
>>
>>       https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,46798
>>
>>  Apparently it was needed to fix a deadlock in the event loop on Android.
>>  It was suggested that we move the hacky implementation into the android
>>  plugin instead. Would that be an acceptable solution, at least for a
>>  first go?
>
> It needs a good explanation or it should not be added at all. With all due
> respect to Bogdan, I cannot rule out that he made a mistake in interpreting
> the situation.

On Android all events are coming from another thread, and some time a few
events are not delivered by the event loop. It happens because if an event is
added to the event loop when the event loop just started to process/deliver
the  events this event is not sent because the event loop "goes to sleep" (calls
the QEventDispatcherUNIX::select(...) function), my patch prevents the call
of select function if a new event was just added.

BogDan.