[Development] Qt 5.1 feature set and freeze date

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Feb 13 20:58:15 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:08:31AM +0100, Friedemann Kleint wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we also plan to start Qt Windows Extras to bring at least the missing
> image conversion  functions ( QTBUG-27103 ) back provided we can find
> someone to create the repository ;-) .

I think the approach of per-platform add-ons for stuff that can be
_somehow_ formulated as plattform-independent problem is wrong.

"QPlatformPixmapHandle" with suitable per-platform typedefs or
best-effort approximations are much easier to use in user code
than platform specific #ifdef chains, or worse library additions
to the build system.

Andre'