[Development] Qt 5.1 feature set and freeze date

Joseph Crowell joseph.w.crowell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:42:05 CET 2013

On 02/14/2013 05:58 AM, André Pönitz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:08:31AM +0100, Friedemann Kleint wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we also plan to start Qt Windows Extras to bring at least the missing
>> image conversion  functions ( QTBUG-27103 ) back provided we can find
>> someone to create the repository ;-) .
> I think the approach of per-platform add-ons for stuff that can be
> _somehow_ formulated as plattform-independent problem is wrong.

It can't be formulated as a platform-independent problem.. The image
conversion functions in question for Windows are only applicable to
Windows. IIRC there are other image conversion issues that are
applicable to OS X but in completely different circumstances. The
functions being discussed are for converting BITMAP and ICON handles
internal to Windows functions only, in my case, file icon handles for
the system's icon for different file types.