[Development] Android: Merge or no merge?

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Thu Feb 21 19:46:20 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:13:51AM -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 21 de fevereiro de 2013 16.54.09, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > there is always something "more important". that's not a free ticket to
> > dump best practices.
>
> Can you please send a link to the best practices of importing a third-party
> port?

this is a trick question (intended or not). it suggests that there is a
(directly applicable) guide like that in the first place. also, it
implies that we are actually importing a 3rd party work, which is simply
not the case - the contributors are now active members of our community,
and they are actively pushing their work under our CLA. there is
absolutely no imperative to import necessitas verbatim, and therefore to
deviate from the project's generally accepted best practices (or to be
frank: policies). and as i already said, the merge of the qt creator
part of necessitas proves this to be correct.