[Development] Proposal - QtSerialPort graduation from the Playground

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:50:17 CET 2013

Hi,

I just want to drop in with a little thank you and basically to share my
thoughts about QtSP. Last week I've built a project using QtSerialPort
(with Qt4) to communicate with an Arduino board, and tested it on Linux
(Ubuntu and Kubuntu) and Windows (7 and embedded), on numerous PCs (VM,
laptop, embedded board, standalone PC). Works like a charm - installation
is easy, API very clear, easy to grasp and done in Qt-style, documentation
is good (maybe not fully mature, but more or less complete) and in general
it just works.

Good job, people, congratulations! I'm happy to see this becoming part of
Qt.

Cheers,
sierdzio