[Development] GSoC 2013

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 25 20:44:45 CET 2013

On segunda-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2013 19.14.16, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Mathieu STEFANI
>
> <mathieu.stefani at supinfo.com> wrote:
> > Any update on this ?
> >
> > I think that Qt Project would greatly benefit from such a program that
> > GSoC represents.
> >
> > Let's deal with legal issues right now and get prepared for project
> > submission.
>
> If there's still legal problems KDE might be able to step in. We will
> apply again this year.

I don't see a legal problem for the Qt Project Hosting Foundation. If it's too
much work to receive the money for the 2 or 3 students that get selected, we
can just tell Google we don't need the $1000 or $1500 and that it can be put
to better use by funding someone at the mentor summit.

The real question here is if there is anyone with the time required to admin
the effort.