[Development] Evolving Qt's multithreading API

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 17:12:55 CET 2013

Querying the status of the thread, and waiting for termination - e.g. QThread::wait(); or connecting a signal to tell it to quit.
Having a minimal API is great for creating it; but you may still need access to the other functions provided by the QThread API.
Either direct access or a pass-thru API would suffice; but it's probably a lot easier to have:

QThread* Trampoline::getThread() const;

than to do all the signals/slots/etc in the Trampoline object.

$0.02

Ben