[Development] Non-movable Qt build

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at sescoi.fr
Wed Jan 2 14:09:12 CET 2013

Le 02/01/2013 13:50, Sergio Ahumada a écrit :
> On 01/02/2013 01:50 PM, Yves Bailly wrote:
>>>
>>> It simply edits the qmake and QtCore DLL binaries, plus maybe some files in
>>> mkspecs, changing a placeholder prefix to the installation dir.
>>
>> Editing binaries? hu, havent't done that since... a long time ;-) Changing some
>> internal strings I guess? any idea which one or how they can be spotted?
>
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building-Qt-Package
> may give some ideas

Quite interesting indeed... too bad those "release-tools/" seem not provided
with the downloadable source archives, I guess they're available only from Git.
Also it seems they would need to be tweaked a bit, e.g. to give the needed options
to "configure".

I'll have a look at this, however, as someone already said, it would be very
nice if a kind of "packager" was provided with the source archives. Maybe
make the "installer framework" (cited by Maurice) publicly available and
usable?

Thanks for the information.

--
      /- Yves Bailly - Software developper  -\
      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/