[Development] [Interest] Re: qRegisterMetaType<QList<QSslError> > and type flags

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Thu Jan 3 10:22:15 CET 2013

On Thursday, 3 January 2013 08:48:58 CEST, Jedrzej Nowacki wrote:
> It is an ODR violation detection:
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,43812

Well, the commit message says that without that change, it's possible to get an assert if Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(QList<QSslError>) is missing. My code doesn't include the QSslSocket header (because I wrap the socket implementation behind a custom class in order to work with QProcess and QSslSocket alike), so I hit this error now.

I can easily add the Q_DECLARE_METATYPE to my code, of course, but I'm still wondering if the assert can be make more user-friendly (i.e. suggest what's going on). In addition, can the C++11's static_assert be used in there?

With kind regards,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/