[Development] wip/android branch contains binaries without license

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Jan 3 18:47:04 CET 2013

On Thursday, January 03, 2013 09:05:11 BogDan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These binaries are built from Android source code, so they are using Apache
> license. We need them only to link android platform plugin for API 4,5, and
> 8. They are not embedded into any Qt binaries, we are only using their
> symbols to link !

You seem to have missed a very important point:

Everyone using the qtbase clone has to download those 30mb of binaries,
whether they are working on Android or not.

Receiving objects: 100% (1041/1041), 31.80 MiB

You didn't respond to what Thiago said that they should be in a completely
separate repo, not qtbase. I support Thiagos suggestion.

Further, I suggest that the official qtbase.git that everyone works on should
only have release branches. All wip-work should go into a separate clone.

Your commit seems to have gone in without going through gerrit. I don't know
why or how.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer