[Development] QT 5.0 Configure fails

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jan 6 06:51:29 CET 2013

On domingo, 6 de janeiro de 2013 09.53.05, Sze Howe Koh wrote:
> On 6 January 2013 09:40, Karl Ruetz <karl.ruetz at ruetzdogz.com> wrote:
> > I thought Mingw was not supported for Qt 5.
> >
> > Karl
>
> MinGW is a Tier 1 platform
> (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/7669)

Wrong. At this point, MinGW qualifies as Tier 3 or unsupported, since it was
not tested or released during 5.0.0. That situation may change in the coming
releases.

> , so it is
> indeed supported. See also
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/supported-platforms.html

It's not supported for 5.0.0. You can try the latest Git branches (stable or
dev) and work on making it supported for future releases. That's how it will
rise from its unsupported status to Tier 1 or so.

> It's just that last-minute issues prevented the inclusion of a
> MinGW-based precompiled library in the Qt 5.0.0 release. (IIRC, there
> was some difficulty in getting MinGW to compile Qt WebKit)

It wasn't last-minute. We've known of issues since August, at the time of the
beta1. We never produced a MinGW binary (first binaries were produced in
September and released in October).

So, no, it was not last-minute. Therefore, MinGW does not qualify for Tier 1
in Qt 5.0.0.