[Development] QT 5.0 Configure fails

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon Jan 7 19:52:02 CET 2013

Sze Howe Koh schreef op zo 06-01-2013 om 09:53 [+0800]:
> It's just that last-minute issues prevented the inclusion of a
> MinGW-based precompiled library in the Qt 5.0.0 release. (IIRC, there
> was some difficulty in getting MinGW to compile Qt WebKit)

FWIW, in the last couple of days I tried to package qtwebkit 5.0.0 so it
can be cross-compiled using the Fedora MinGW cross-compiler and I
managed to get it built with some additional patching. In my initial
attempt I got undefined references failures to various QWebFrameAdapter
symbols while linking the QtWebKitWidgets shared library. After git
bisect'ing I've found out that the undefined references started to
appear because of the recent QtWebKit/QtWebKitWidgets split (qtwebkit
commit 32ea33253afbbdefd2680aa95ab5f57455272ae7, WebKit svn commit
136242).

Long story short:
By applying the patch at
http://svn.openftd.org/svn/fedora_cross/mingw-qt5-qtwebkit/qt5-qtwebkit-workaround-build-breakage-after-svn-commit-136242.patch the undefined references linker failure doesn't occur any more and the rest of qtwebkit can be built without issues.

This patch is not the most-perfect patch (as it will probably break
building a fully static qtwebkit library), but perhaps it can help other
qtwebkit devs to resolve it properly.

More details about the reasons behind this patch can be found at
http://svn.openftd.org/svn/fedora_cross/mingw-qt5-qtwebkit/mingw-qt5-qtwebkit.spec

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek
Fedora MinGW