[Development] Qt 5 for Android developer mailing list

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Tue Jan 8 16:26:47 CET 2013

On Tuesday 8 January 2013 15:13:38 Laszlo Papp wrote:

>  We do not have separate lists for Mac, QNX, Windows, Linux, Harmattan,
>  Symbian and so forth so far, so I am wondering: what exactly would not fit
>  the existing mailing lists?

This is a new project, and we need a convenient way to communicate inside that
project. Using the development mailing list is not an option for us: there's
way too much activity here. The options are 1) discuss openly in a dedicated
list where everybody who's interested can see what's happening, or 2) just
send the mails directly to the active developers.

We really want to be open and transparent about what happens, but not
everybody has the time to check this list several times a day, so we would be
forced to communicate somewhere else if we don't get a dedicated list.

Edit: and as Maurice says, we can shut down the list when it's no longer
useful.

- Paul